Saturday, April 21, 2007

Biola Media Conference 2007

Good times this year at the BMC. My dad and myself have been the last 3 years, and let me tell you , it is truly a good time. I'm pretty burnt out, so i'm not going to touch on too much stuff, but i did learn alot of things today that i think are going to help me in the next few years. One of which is to shop the Festival Circut. Exec Producer Ralph Winter was there as usual, and he kept encouraging us young filmmakers to take our best efforts to the festivals such as Tribecca, Toronto, Santa Barbara, Cannes, Sundance ect. It was really encouraging to know hwo that is an incredible method to get your talent recognized. I've already resolved that i will take my currently untitled Western film (in pre-production with my best bro Phillip Willis) to some of these festivals and start to make a name for myself. Really encouraging stuff.

Tonight however at 7, i got a chance to go to the screening of the Toronto Film Festival's People's Choice award recipient, Bella. This was a gorgeous film by young filmmaker, Alejandro Gomez Monteverde, and i really encourage everyone to go and see it in theaters this auguest.

anyway, i'm beat and i'm off to bed.

HOT FUZZ TOMORROW (review coming tomorrow night or monday)


tim

No comments: